Thursday, June 27, 2013

Prayer Requests: June 2013

Answer to Prayer:

This past Friday I received news from my family in Minnesota that my cousin Joey Ferguson had had a stroke.  Since he is only 21-years-old this was a huge shock to all of us.  He had an open heart surgery a couple years prior to repair a valve in his heart that wasn’t working properly.  I was very anxious the whole day because I was in meetings and had no way of hearing updates.  So I did the only thing I could do and prayed and hoped he would be okay.  The girls that I am living with this summer were very caring and prayed with me.  Immediately after my meetings had finished for the day, I ran home to talk with my family and see if there was any update on Joey’s condition.  With an anxious heart, my mom told me that he was going to be okay and that he was starting to act like himself!  What an answer to prayer!

This situation was especially difficult since he was brought to the same hospital that my cousin, Terry, had been brought to last year after his stroke.  Unfortunately we did not have the same outcome in both situations.  Terry passed away five days after his stroke.  Joey, on the other hand, was awake and well a couple hours after he was brought to the hospital!

Walk to the project site in Washinsta.
Here are some recent prayer requests that I have.

1. For the rest of Joey’s recovery in the hospital.  For strength and wisdom from the doctors in determining what caused the clot.

2. For the pastor and his wife in Washinsta.  That his trip to the United States in August might be an encouragement.  That he would be able to share his passion for serving the Lord in the jungle with students and churches.

3. For the Washinsta community.  That they may have open eyes and hearts to see the Lord in all of His splendor.  That young men may grow into spiritual leaders alongside the pastor in that community and that young women may pursue you.

4. For the students and young children in Washinsta.  That they may continue to pursue education and that some of them may be able to study in a university someday.  For their continued joy, laughs, innocence and smiles.

5. For my team members.  For the girls as we work in the Hospital the next couple days and for the guys as they continue to work in the jungle on the water projects.  Also for a chance to celebrate David and Mark’s birthday!

6. For our leaders.  That they may be able to rest throughout the summer while they coordinate work and trips for us.

7. For all of the missionary families in Shell and Quito.  That our team in some way could encourage, serve or care for them!  Since we are only here for a short time, I hope to lift up the spirits of the missionaries who have been here for 10+ years.

8. For the patients in the hospital.  That we may be able to affectively and thoughtfully care for them spiritually and physically.

Thank you for your continued support and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment